Sketchbooking Mini Course: PLAY
In case you don't know me, I LOVE sketchbooking and it has brought me so much insight, depth, and joy in my life. It has benefited my life SO MUCH that I just had to share some of that awesomeness with as many people as possible. This sketchbooking mini course dives into the importance of play in creativity. My approach to sketchbooking allows you to be curious, fearless, and playful, all of which are integral to creativity.
You don’t have to be an artist to enjoy keeping a sketchbook.
If you are an artist, sketchbooks can help you improve your skills AND find your artistic voice.
In this free video lesson you will learn:
- Why play is so important to learning and creativity
- What NOT to do when approaching a sketchbook page
- What TO do when approaching a sketchbook page
- How to not let expectations inhibit your creativity
You’ll also do 3 quick exercises to practice these concepts, guaranteed to be fun and get your out of your comfort zone.
The Benefits of Creativity
- super problem solving skills
- stress relief
- self awareness and expression
- more self confidence
- tapping into ideas that are unique to YOU and only you
- create completely unique and interesting art
So basically, creativity = HAPPINESS! Yay!
Totally obsessed with art for as long as I can remember? Check.
Got a fancy art degree (Bachelor of Fine Arts) from an amazing school- Maryland Institute College of Art? Check.
Created a series of sketchbooks as my actual Senior Thesis? Truth!
Spent 12 years creating art and teaching art as a full-time professional? Check.
Exhibited across the U.S., won lots of awards, published a couple books, had several solo exhibits? Yeah, yeah.
In love with teaching and the rewarding feeling of sharing my passions with others? YAS!